While my parents were visiting we went to Sea World in San Antonio. Ethan had a bit of a rough time. When we first got there he wanted a sucker that was in one of the candy stores so I got one thinking that he would stay in the stroller but that didn't work because then Nate wanted it to. They both were upset. Not such a great start to our "fun day." It did get better. It was just really hot. We had been going non stop so they were tired. We rode some rides. Samantha our Adventurer rode some roller coasters. I think the kids favorite part was Shamu. They all loved the Shamu show. Then we surprised the kids with Dinner with Shamu. It was great. We got to go behind where the show was and they had tables set up and a buffet dinner. The trainers were going around talking to the people there and we got to ask them questions about training and how you get to be a trainer. It was pretty interesting. It takes many years to be able to get to the point where you can train with Shamu. I think the trainer we spoke to said it took her 8 years. After we were done eating we got to see Shamu and the trainer talked some more. It was so cool to be able to see him so close up. I am sure you can tell in the pictures how close we were. After we had dinner we only had about 15 mins before the park closed. Chris had been begging me all day to ride the roller coaster (the one with loops and everything). I do not like roller coasters. I used to when I was younger but after I had kids I kind of lost that part of me. I finally said ok I will ride if my mom rides. Well, my mom said ok I will ride. I was totally counting on her saying NO WAY. We ended up riding with Chris and Samantha and my mom and I. It wasn't too bad. We rode once and then they let us ride again. My mom got off and the 3 of us rode again. That was a bad idea. We had just eaten and I opened my eyes the second time and felt really sick. Not a good idea to ride a roller coaster on full stomach. We also got to feed the dolphins and hold a huge snake. It was really gross and I can't believe that all the girls held it. I tried to get nate to hold it but he chickend out. The day we were there the small kids water park was closed but the boys found a fun little area where you fill these little squirt guns they sell there and they played there for a while until we went to the large water park. Anyway, it was a great day other than the sickness and Ethan's grumpiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment