CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Family Camping Trip









































I finally convinced Chris to go camping. So he really did want to camp but just not in the middle of the summer like I have been suggesting all summer. I don't know what is up with me but I have been just begging Chris to go camping the last few months. Weird I know because I am not the camping, sleep in a tent type of person. I needed some good family time where we weren't going to be bothered by too many distractions. It was so nice to just have fun in the outdoors. I actually wish we could have gone longer. We took the girls out of school early on Friday and then headed to Austin until Sunday. The kids were so excited. They all love to camp. We got there and unloaded the car and Chris started on the tent with the rest of us doing the best we could to help set up camp. While Chris was putting up the tent we left the car doors open and then we had a cooler plugged into the car to keep our food cool. Well, that wasn't the best idea. After we were all done we decided we wanted to take a quick boat ride before the sun went down. We all piled in the car and we discovered the battery was dead. We tried to jump it with our little self jumper(not sure what it is called) but that didn't work. Chris charged the self jumper over night and then tried to jump in the morning but nothing. We waited a little bit longer and the third time it finally worked. We were very excited because we had some friends that were going to be meeting us up at the lake late morning to go on the boat with us. After we got the car started we ate breakfast and piled in the car so we could launch the boat. We took a short ride to a little beach area and the kids got out and played on the beach and in the water. They dug this big hole with the help of our friends, the Shonks, and it turned into this huge mud pit. It was so gross but the kids loved it, as I am sure you can tell in the pictures. The only one I didn't get a picture of with the mud is Kayla. If you know her you know how she avoids the camera.






The lake was down really low (I think 20 feet) that the drought created the nicest beach I have ever seen on a lake. I felt like I was at the ocean. It was beautiful. We had some fun sand fights. People were just laughing at us as we chased the kids down the beach throwing sand at them. Enjoy our pictures!!

0 comments: