We have had quite the day. It started off with the kids and I at the gym. While I was working out the kids were in the nursery. Shortly before I was done my workout the nursery called me over the PA and told me to come to the nusery. I went in and Nathan was crying and could not even be calmed down while I was holding him. I asked what happened and we eventually found out that Nate had been pushed into the ball pit and had landed on his leg I guess. They paged a doctor to come to the nursery if there was one there. A lady showed up and said there was a bump on his bone. She told me to not let him put any weight on his leg and to get it x-rayed. We called his family doctor and they sent us to a center that was only a few minutes away to get x-rayed. Sure enough the x-ray showed he had broken his leg. He broke it half way in between his knee and ankle. He was such a trooper and did great when they put on his cast. He was a brave little boy. He also got to choose the color. Green is his favorite color. We are going to try and do something fun with it and have someone draw something really fun on it. He is doing much better since the cast has been on. Hopefully soon he will be able to walk or crawl or tiptoe. The doctor said to give him a week and he should be able to get around on his own (at least I am hoping because he is really heavy)
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment